Last updated on Feb 5th, 2021 at 09:34 am
Pomegranate, piquanté pepper splash-on sauce, lime and mint cocktail
- 1000ml Crushed ice
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- 1l pomegranate juice or cranberry juice
- 20ml lime juice
- 1 sprig of mint
- 12 shakes hot Peppadew® splash-on sauce
- Half fill the glasses with crushed ice. Add the pomegranate rubies.
- Mix the juice with the lime and mint and pour over the ice.
- Add the Splash-on sauce to the glass and give it a mix with a swizzle stick.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Cook’s Tip: Add 4 shot glasses light rum to juice for an alcoholic version.
Olive and garlic stuffed chicken roll ups baked in an olive and piquanté pepper pasta sauce
- 6 chicken breasts
- 12 marinated sundried tomatoes
- 24 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20ml olive oil
- 2 x 400g jars of Peppadew® olive and piquante pepper pasta sauce
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthways taking care not to cut through.
- Place open chicken breasts onto large surface and use mallet to thin out.
- Arrange sundried tomatoes and olives onto chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up chicken breasts and wrap each one in a piece of cling film, knot the sides to keep it in shape. Simmer the chicken rolls in water until just cooked through.
- Remove all plastic wrap, heat olive oil in large pan and brown chicken on all sides.
- Pour pasta sauce into oven proof container, place chicken in the sauce and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C until the sauce is heated through.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
Cook’s Tip: Add Peppadew®Tomato and Jalapeno Chilli pasta sauce to the Peppadew® olive and piquante pepper pasta sauce for a spicy alternative.
Chocolate and piquanté pepper fondant with mascarpone splash-on quenelle
- Melted butter for greasing
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 275g dark chocolate
- 225g unsalted butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 200g plain flour
- 4 whole Peppadew® mild piquanté peppers, finely chopped
- 200ml mascarpone cheese
- A couple of shakes of Mild Peppadew® splash-on sauce
- Fresh fruit to serve
- Mint to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C, brush the inside of metal fondant moulds with butter, place in the fridge and allow to set and then repeat, dust the inside of the moulds with cocoa. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture a little at a time and then fold in the flour, until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the chopped piquanté peppers.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds and bake for 12 minutes.
- To serve, unmould the fondant and serve with a quenelle of piquanté pepper splash-on sauce, fresh fruit and mint.
Cook’s Tip: Timing is essential for this recipe to work; so use a timer to make sure the fondant is only in the oven for 12 minutes.