So we had a fantastic time and over-indulged over the holiday period. Who didn’t?
Sadly, as the memories of our holiday are starting to fade, that stubborn little belly roll is still hanging around.
Admittedly, exercise and a healthy eating plan is the only effective way to deal with excess body fat but it takes time. We, on the other hand, want to look fab now.
Here are few tips to trick the eye and hide belly fat until our gym bodies return:
1. Avoid tight clothes in clingy fabrics. Cotton kaftans are fantastic as are trendy boho blouses.
2. Draping is your best friend. Soft crossover blouses which fall just below the waistline will hide a multitude of sins.
3. Stay away from belts. Instead, opt for a statement necklace or a top with details around the upper half of the body. Look for ruffles, cut-outs or lace insets.
4. Asymmetrical cuts will also draw attention away from the waist. Only this time, the eye will move down to a beautifully fluttering hemline.
5. Balance wide tops with mid or high rise denims. Low cut jeans tend to push belly fat up creating that dreaded muffin top. High-waisted pencil skirts which are lined and are made of a firm fabric will perform the same miracle.
Loose and fancy free
Above: Goldie black cami R499, Zando; fringe kaftan R599 Mango; flared sleeve blouse R499, Mango and Catwalk 88 mid rise jeans R499, Zando.
Above: Utopia rust wrap top R229; N’Joy asymmetrical top R399; New Look wrap blouse R449 and Utopia pencil skirt R199, Zando.
Ahead of the rest
Above: Nucleus green top R399, Zando; Lily & Rose necklace R169, Zando; denim blouse R499, G Couture and Utopia mustard cami R249, Zando.
What are your style tips for hiding a belly roll? Pop a comment below as we always love hearing from you.
Happy shopping, divas