Have you ever had to give a speech and been given the advice to picture your audience in their underwear to curb your anxiety? Well, did you know there are real superstitions going back a few centuries about underwear? …
The worldwide web provides some interesting superstitions. Did you know:
1. For those who wear their underwear inside out – it’s actually considered to be very lucky. Also there are those who may have been having a really unlucky day, the only way to turn it around was to wear underwear inside out!
2. It was believed to also be a sign of bad luck if an individual adjusted their underwear, especially for a man – so no scratching boys … it may shift your luck.
3. In the late 1920s, when a bride wanted to secure a happy marriage then she would need to attend the wedding without wearing any underwear. The belief was that if you didn’t wear underwear, it was believed to be a sign of wholeness and appeasement to the gods of love, who in exchange would bring joy and happiness to the couple’s love life.
Well let’s not ever go to that extreme – having beautiful underwear from Satin Candy can provide the same results.
4. Another popular superstition was when a woman sleeps with underwear under her pillow she would dream of her future partner. Then there’s the one where a woman who sleeps with her bra and also a garter under her pillow would see her eventual husband – really? – put the bra and panties on already.
If a young girl wished to marry she would need to borrow underwear from a married woman, and if she wore it, it was considered very lucky
5. For the ladies out there, if your lingerie slip falls down, it’s said you’re thinking of your special someone. But if your nightgown rides up, he is thinking of you.
6. Then there’s tucking valerian leaves, a native plant to Britain. It’s believed that if you tuck the leaves in your underwear you will become irresistible to the opposite sex … just don’t be allergic to the plant … eina!
7. This one really slays us – If a young girl wished to marry she would need to borrow underwear from a married woman, and if she wore it, it was considered very lucky … euuughh, now that’s just not kosher! Hope it was clean underwear.