This week Clouds has some unusual back-to-work outfit ideas. Take a look and tell us what you think …
Most of us are back at our desks this week, trying to look busy. I bet you’re still not ready to surrender your holiday vibe. I know I’m not.
Here’s a back-to-work tip I learned from a style guru who knows how to have fun: take your holiday into the office.
He doesn’t mean bang on about your fabulous holiday abroad when most of us braaied at a mate’s place for New Years Eve. (Besides we saw your pics on Instagram anyway.)
The trick is to wear your holiday memories. Here are a few tips:
- Replace your sturdy work bra with a padded bikini top. The ties behind your neck will look like you’ve just stepped out of the pool. Ooh la la!
- Tie your wet hair into a loose bun then wrap a scarf or bandana loosely around your head.
- Toss your belongings into a straw bag or canvas backpack instead of a fussy handbag. Keep valuables safe and out of sight in a large zip-up purse or make-up bag.
- Metal jewellery can wait. Try leather, feathers and braided pieces instead. Same principle applies to high heels. Leave em at home, or change into killers under your desk when you get to the office.
- A straw hat screams summer holidays. Same applies to nautical stripes and soft white shirts with the sleeves casually rolled up.
Above: Button shirt R206,99, Rage SA; floral shopper R199,99, Woolworths; flat sandal R155, Rage SA; cotton shorts R299,99, Woolworths.
If you didn’t go on a tropical or safari holiday, fake it with these unusual back-to-work pieces and you’ll be just fine.
What do you think about these ideas? Pop a comment below and let us know as we always love hearing from you.