Last updated on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:23 am
“Hair loss is something that men and women don’t want to face, but both experience,” says Maameya Dankwa, Vigro® Brand Manager. “Not many people understand that hair loss can be caused by stress, illness, medicine and even pollution, and that your family genes don’t always have a part to play.”
Everyday occurrences can contribute to hair loss, and the way we live our lives affects every part of us – starting at the top of our heads.
Focusing on the cause of hair loss, and creating a way to minimalise these causes can help you to keep your hair on your head.
Five tips to help reduce the possibility of hair loss:
1. We are all looking for that perfect shade to highlight our best features, but over-dying your hair can cause hair breakage, and make your hair appear thinner. Try and dye your hair closer to your natural hair colour: this way you won’t be running to the hair salon every time your roots start to show.
2. Although it is easier said than done, improving your stress levels and your diet can help lessen your hair loss, not to mention improve your overall health. Take five minutes out of your busy day to meditate, or forgo that after-lunch chocolate to kick-start the less stressed, healthier you.
The over-use of straighteners, curling irons and hot-air hairdryers can damage your hair and cause breakage. Limit styling your hair to avoid damaging your hair, and find a more natural look that you can count on during your ‘no-styling’ days
3. ‘Hairceuticals’ such as Vigro® are becoming more and more popular when it comes to hair loss. The active ingredients in the Vigro®3-Step System can assist the scalp with non-genetic hair thinning by cleaning and opening the hair shaft, preparing the scalp for penetration of the actives. This will assist the hair follicles to reduce hair thinning through the active ingredient Follicusan™ (topical products).* The Vigro® 3-Step System also provides a combination of vitamins and minerals needed for healthy hair growth.*
4. Certain prescription drugs can have an effect on your hair, especially when used for a long period of time. Using Vigro® while on medication is an option when looking to reduce the hair loss side-effect. Please consult your medical practitioner before taking Vigro® Bio-Capsules or Vigro® Bio-Capsules Plus.
5. The over-use of straighteners, curling irons and even hot-air hairdryers can damage your hair and cause breakage. Limit styling your hair to avoid damaging your hair, and find a more natural look that you can count on during your ‘no-styling’ days.
* Efficacy of support may vary between users. Consult a medical practitioner for a diagnosis or if symptoms persist. Use as indicated. Vigro®3-Step System is not indicated for genetic hair loss.