Dressing an apple shape is no mean feat. Follow these simple style tips to ensure you always look your best.
Dos and don’ts for dressing an apple shape
- The key to dressing an apple-shaped body is to add definition to the waist while detracting from your middle.
- Draw the eye from your midsection by emphasising your bust or legs.
- Avoid clothing that’s tight around your middle.
- Say no to embellishments or ruffles around your bust or neck.
- Layering helps to slim down your shape. Opt for longer length cardigans or tailored jackets and blazers to make you look taller and leaner.
- Wedges, over-sized handbags and chunky jewellery look fab on you.
Dresses and skirts for you
Show off your legs by selecting dresses and skirts with higher hemlines. Full skirts and empire style dresses are incredibly flattering on your shape. Shift dresses are another great choice as they skim over your curves and show off your slim legs and arms. Another great option is high-waisted peplum dresses as they minimise your middle and showcase your waist.
Choose the right tops and blouses
Tops with nipped in waists such as wrap tops and belted shirts, are ideal for you as they define your waist. Semi-fitted or loose, drapey tops also work well as they skim over your curves. Avoid baggy, shapeless shirts as these will make you look larger than you are. Select jackets and shirts that end at your hip for a flattering look.
Select the perfect bottoms
Opt for wide leg, bootcut and flared bottoms as they help to balance out your top half, Avoid detailing near the waistline as this draws the attention to your middle. Tailored trousers look polished and flattering on you.