Last updated on May 11th, 2018 at 02:37 pm
It is next stop Johannesburg for the revitalised Good Food & Wine Show which will be bringing a menu bursting with delicious offerings from Friday to Sunday.
Some of the main attractions for this year are the Sensorium that captures the scents of Cape Town from Kalk Bay’s fish and chips to Cape Malay masala, the Wine Wall that enables wine lovers to see and smell some of the best South African and international wines, as well as a pop-up cinema giving visitors a comfy space in which to take a breather and watch their favourite foodie movies.
The best part for many show goers is the free entry into all but one of the eight themed theatres, enabling more opportunities to interact with local and international chefs, including George Calombaris, Siba Mtongana, Sarah Graham, Jenny Morris and J’Something. Joining them at the Johannesburg show will be Australian chef, restauranteur, author and judge of The Great Australian Bake Off, Matt Moran as well as private chef, Neill Anthony.
The introduction of eight exciting focus areas to explore ensures that there is something to cater to every palate. These include: Wellness; Lifestyle; Wine; Beer & Alcohol; Market & Street Food; Kids; Baking; and, Gourmet. Under each, audiences get to interact with exhibitors, find out about the latest food trends and take part in entertaining and informative hands-on experiences.
Ticket details and pricing
Tickets will be available from TicketPro and at the door at the following prices:
- Early Bird Special: R126 (10% discount until 26 July. Ticket for one entrance only, valid for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
- Adult: R140 (valid for one entry only on any of the days)
- Senior Citizen over 65 years: R100 (Free on Friday – valid with proof of ID card)
- Student: R100 (Valid only with proof of student card)
- Age 13 – 18: R50
- Age 0-12: Free
- Weekend Pass: R190 incudes entry on Saturday and Sunday only and excludes wine glass and tasting
- Wine Combo Ticket: R170 (Includes general admission entry, wine tasting glass and wine tastings valued at R30 on wine tasting card – each wine tasting from R5)
- Wine Glass & Tastings: R50 (Includes tasting glass and wine tastings valued at R30 on wine tasting card – each wine tasting from R5). For additional tastings, recharge the card at the wine glass sales desk
- Chef’s Table: 90 – 120 minute session with a chef, maximum 40 people per session, includes Q&A, photos and tastings of food demonstrated and book signing (excludes book)
- Chefs’ Table for George Calombaris and Matt Moran is R800 per person
- Chefs’ Table for Jenny Morris, Siba Mtongana and Sarah Graham is R300 per person
For more information about the show, visit www.goodfoodandwineshow.co.za.