Are you tired of facebook? Is it wasting your time? Other more important things in your life? Addiction issues? If â??yesâ? to some or all of these questions, hereâ??s how to permanently delete your facebook account.
Deactivating your Facebook account will temporarily hide your information, but deletion is permanent. Here’s how to completely remove your Facebook account.
Deactivation â?? temporary
First try a temporary deactivation. If you’re not 100% sure that you want to permanently and completely remove yourself from Facebook, then choose only to deactivate your Facebook account temporarily.
Deletion â?? permanent
1. Visit the account deletion page. You will be reminded that this is a permanent deletion and that your account cannot be reactivated and that none of the content or information you have added can be retrieved.
2. Click “Submit”. Follow the steps, such as entering your password, email, and Captcha code.
3. Do not log in for the next 14 days and your account will be deleted completely.
If you change your mind before the 14 days are up, just log in and this will reactivate your account.
1. Email Facebook directly. Contact email@example.com. Request that Facebook deletes your account.
2. Wait to get an email response from Facebook confirming that your account has been permanently deleted. This should take a few days.
3. If you don’t hear back from Facebook within a week, email them again. This time, not only email Facebook at firstname.lastname@example.org, but also cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Attempt to log in to your account once you get an email from Facebook. If you’re unable to log in and don’t get a message asking you to reactivate your account, your Facebook account has been permanently deleted.
You may need to avoid logging in for 14 days for the deletion to go through.
Bear in mind that
You will not be able to restore your account after the two weeks of the permanent deletion process have passed.
You will not be able to download and back up any photos or other information you want to save before deleting your account.
Facebook may still retain information from your account in their databases (they have been unclear about whether they do this). Even though it may never be given out in public, authorities can ask for this information.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki building the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to permanently delete your facebook account. Content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons License.