- Scoop up all those little bits of wax crayons that you will find lying around the house, in the garden and even in the allocated place for them!
Make a suncatcher with your children …
- Grate up all the little pieces, as many varied colours as possible
- Spread them on a sheet of wax paper
- Cover with another same-sized sheet of wax paper
- Press with a hot iron and keep on until the crayons start to melt and blend in
- Allow to cool and lo-and-behold, you will have a pretty suncatcher that you can attach to a window.
- This is an important tip, especially if you have cats and are pregnant. Be very careful when cleaning out a cat’s litter tray. Cat faeces sometimes have parasites that can cause a horrible disease called toxoplasmosis.
- Forget the sometimes held belief that cats will thrive on a vegetarian diet. This is simply not true. Cats need an enormous amount of protein.
- Serving them only fish, like Lucky Pet, is not good either. There is insufficient calcium and certain amino acids plus vitamin E which can result in bone disease and inflammation of the fat tissue.
Babies are expensive little treasures and we all know the irresistible temptation to buy all those super little toys and gewgaws that we see.
- Babies are just as happy playing with a plastic screw top bottle containing some dried beans, as a rattle.
- Keep all the yoghurt tubs for your baby to play with in the bath, once he/she is sitting up. They will love banging them, filling them with water and pouring them out again (I still think a yellow rubber duckie is obligatory though!).
- Make foot rattles by firmly sewing a pair of budgie bells on the toes of a pair of socks.