- All those little popcorn kernels that refuse to pop and are left in the bottom of the bowl, need not be thrown out. Let them cool, put them in an appropriately-sized Ziploc bag and keep in the freezer for the next time.
- If you have spilt water on some of your photos, don’t try to prise them apart. Just pop them in the freezer for half an hour and then separate them with a flat knife or spatula. If they’re still a bit stuck, put them back for longer. This works with stamps and envelopes too.
- Burnt food stuck to the pot will freeze in the freezer and then you can crack/chip it off easily.
- Put a ball of string into a plastic funnel, thread the end of the string through the spout, and Prestik the funnel to a wall or cupboard. Then Prestik a pair of scissors next to it and you will not have to go searching again.
- Use a funnel with a narrow spout to separate eggs. Break the eggs into a funnel, over a bowl. The whites will slip down into the bowl leaving the yolks behind in the funnel, giving you enough time to pop them into another container.
- Keep a large funnel in your car. You never know when you may need it to decant oil, petrol or even water.
- Bake bread in a clean, unglazed clay flowerpot. Soak it in water for a while. Then grease the inside with butter and fill it with your favourite bread dough. The clay keeps the inside of the bread lovely and moist while you will still have a golden crispy crust.
- Put your ball of knitting yarn in an clean upside-down flowerpot. Thread the end through the drainage hole in the bottom. This will keep the wool from tangling and keep the kitties away!