- Try this scented clothing rinse. In a pan with a lid, simmer two tablespoons dried rosemary, two tablespoons lavender and two cups water. Leave simmering for about fifteen minutes. Then strain and throw out the herbs and add the liquid to the last rinse cycle. It’s lovely. Just try it and see!
- Sage leaves are good for your teeth and gums. Rub them over the whole of the inside of your mouth. It will feel fresh, clean and healthy.
- As a breath freshener, chew fresh watercress or parsley.
- Scatter mint leaves around where rats and mice like to frequent. They HATE the smell and will keep well away.
- Marjoram is a subtle perfume. Legend has it that Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, grew marjoram for this purpose. Rub the leaves under your arms and on your wrists. The scent is sweet and spicy.
- Saffron is believed to be an effective memory booster. I need that!
Grow as much rosemary around your house as you can. It is a super mosquito repellant.