1. Don’t make a habit of putting your phone on silent mode or turning it off each time you’re with your partner. It makes you look like you are hiding something.
2. Save your partner’s phone number using a special title like Angel or Babe. Or save using a title plus the official name. Using the official name only makes your partner look like just the other business contacts or work colleagues on your phone.
3. Answer your partner’s phone call with loving affectionate words that make him or her feel special, and not just a business contact. How a conversation starts determines how it flows. If you start warm, you two will enjoy talking to each other on phone.
4. End the talk on a high. Say “I love you”, or share a joke, a compliment, or a warm phrase before you hang up. Hang up with a smile.
5. It is OK to chat with friends online. But never chat with another person more than you chat with your partner.