It’s an initiative aimed at making South Africans aware of just how powerful kindness can be.
The campaign launched in July and has consisted of Hello Kitty calling upon fans – old and new – to take part in an act of kindness, with the key message of the campaign being, “Do one kind thing for someone. Pay it Forward and join the movement”.
“Do one kind thing for someone. Pay it Forward and join the movement”.
Hello Kitty has been leading the way with her own acts of kindness – like the Hello Kitty Loves South Africa Facebook page to hear all about the antics of everyone’s favourite kindness ambassador.
How can you get involved? Here are a few ideas:
1. Create a Kindness Tree
Encourage your school to create a Kindness Tree in the school playground.
Do this independently, or contact the Hello Kitty team for help. Hello Kitty is delivering “blank” leaves of kindness to Johannesburg schools, for students to write their acts of kindness.
Hello Kitty wants to create a Forest of Kindness!
2. Visit the Hello Kitty Kindness Tree
Visit the Hello Kitty Kindness Tree as it tours various shopping centres, and add your own leaf of kindness to the tree.
Keep an eye on the Facebook page to see where it goes to next!
3. Random Acts of Kindness
Do your own Random Acts of Kindness and share them on the Hello Kitty Facebook page.
- Donate old toys or books to children in need
- Leave a treat for the postman
- Leave a nice waiter the biggest tip you can afford.
- Write a thank-you note to a teacher who inspires you
- Take your neighbour’s dog for a walk
- Tell your siblings how much you appreciate them
- Give a security guard a cup of hot coffee
- Plant a tree
- Invite someone new over to play
- Each time you get a new piece of clothing, donate an old one
- When everyone around you is gossiping about someone, be the one to butt in with something nice
- Give someone a compliment, and mean it!
- Make dinner for your parents
- Call a family member you don’t see often
- Help out around the house without being asked
- Smile at someone on the street, just because
- Give free hugs
- Read a book to a brother or sister
- Start a kindness jar to keep track of all the great things you’re doing!
4. Finally, enter the Hello Kitty BFFs Facebook competition this week!
This week, you are encouraged to tell us all about a kind act performed by one of your friends.
Post the Random Act of Kindness, tag your friend, and stand the chance to win a Hello Kitty hamper for both of you. It’s all about paying it forward! Winners will also be entered into the grand draw to win a Hello Kitty room makeover.
Find out more on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HelloKittyLovesSouthAfrica
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/hellokittysouthafrica/
- Hashtag: #OneKindThing