Meyer de Waal, the convenor of the HOME OWNERSHIP EDUCATION TEAM has put together an informative set of workshops for home owners in South Africa.
The first workshop is set to take place in Cape Town in April this year. According to Meyer de Waal, even those that are already in the property market will be inspired by the talks by Neale Petersen and Vangile Makwakwa.
“They will teach you how to leverage your money successfully using bank funding, and tenants to help pay off your bond,” says de Waal.
The speakers at the workshops include a mix of “big stars” in the property development game including:
· Verna Pugin
FLISP Expert and Home Ownership Educator
· Neale Petersen
Founding Editor and Publisher of Real Estate Investor Magazine, Publisher, Entrepreneur and Mentor
· Vangile Makwakwa
Author of “Heart, Mind & Money: Using Emotional Intelligence with Money”, Bus Sci Finance, (UCT) MBA, (Simmons School of Management), Financial Literacy speaker for the Sanlam Youth Segment, Part time Finance and Economics Facilitator, USB-ED (Stellenbosch B School and Founder of Wealthy Money, Blogger, coach, writer and speaker on the link between personal finance and emotions.
· Cara Lippert
Debt restructuring expert
· Tony Collins
Professional Valuer, Lecturer, Author of An Introduction To Commercial Property Finance, Development And Investment , Part-Time Lecturing In Property Development And Investment
· Annette Evans
General manager for IEASA Western Cape Region and in charge of Training and Management of Propstats
· Mark Witzmann
Conveyancing expert, attorney & property lecturer
· Meyer de Waal
Attorney and conveyancer, property lecturer, developer of My Budget Fitness, Rent2buy, Mobile2budget, Consumer Housing Education and My Bond Fitness.
“Passion, experience and specialist knowledge in the Property Industry were the key aspects we recognized when we identified the role players in the HOME OWNERSHIP EDUCATION TEAM” says Meyer.
The first HOME OWNERSHIP EDUCATION WORKSHOP will be held in the Cape Town region and will take place on 18 April 2015.
The focus will be on First Time Home Buyers:
- go about buying your own home
- get out of debt
- make use of, and apply for, the available Government subsidies
- Save thousands when you buy your own home
- prepare yourself, your budget and your credit profile to apply for a home loan
- use our tools to manage your budget
- calculate the extra costs that you have to pay to buy a property – transfer costs, bond registration costs and bank administration costs
- do a due diligence on the house that you want to buy – before you buy
If you attend the workshop, you will also receive extras to the value of R1,500 including:
- A 6-module e-guide on how to buy your own home
- A 10% discount for your FLISP administration fee
- A tool to create and manage your budget
- A Personalised Credit Report
- Access to our latest software to check your actual purchase power, combined with your affordability
- A subscription to the social media network of our expert panel
- Once you have bought your new home and taken transfer, you will also receive our 24-month guide (The A – Z Guide) on how to own your own home
Debt restructure & credit profile improvement – personal consultation
If debt restructure or credit profile improvement is required, arrangements can be made for individual and private consultations with our debt restructure experts. We will provide you with separate details and an estimate of the costs once we have more information from you.
To sign up for these exciting events – click here.
For more information on the workshops and the background information on the “big stars” – click here.