“In a letter in December [Dramat]… indicated that he would want a meeting [with Police Minister Nathi Nhleko] and would want to discuss his possible resignation,” the minister’s spokesman Musa Zondi said.
“This is not something new. At the moment the minister and [Dramat’s] lawyers are still discussing the matter.”
It was reported on Friday morning that Dramat had resigned.
“This is not something new. At the moment the minister and [Dramat’s] lawyers are still discussing the matter”
On February 10 Zondi said Dramat had been placed on leave following an agreement he reached with Nhleko.
On February 6 Judge Bill Prinsloo in the High Court in Pretoria ruled that his January 23 order allowing Dramat to return to work remained in effect, irrespective of any other appeal that may be brought.
Prinsloo also ruled that Nhleko’s decision to appoint Maj-Gen Berning Ntlemeza as acting national Hawks head was unlawful and invalid.
Dramat was suspended on December 23, pending a probe into his alleged involvement in the illegal rendition of four Zimbabweans in November 2010.