Indian head massage is a therapeutic massage, which helps to relieve aches and pains, alleviates stress and rebalances the energy flow within the body.
It incorporates various massage strokes and acupressure points which help disperse toxins from tense, knotted muscles. Indian Head Massage involves the treatment of the face, neck, scalp, and shoulders. It promotes a high level of alertness, concentration and better memory.
Other benefits of Indian head massage include:
• Relieves headaches and sinus problems, insomnia and eyestrain
• Relief from acute and chronic neck and shoulder stiffness
• Relaxes the body and loosens the scalp
• Reduces stress ,fatigue and anxiety
• Improves lymphatic drainage
• Induces a state of calm, peace and tranquility
• Improves blood circulation allowing additional oxygen to the brain area
• Releases stagnant energy, boosting available energy on all levels
• Revitalizes and lifts the spirit
• Provides relief from hair disorders and boosts hair growth
Indian head massage can be performed anywhere
It can be performed almost anywhere which makes it wonderfully portable. All that is required is a peaceful spot and a comfortable chair. The massage is also conducted with the Client clothed which makes it perfect for the workplace. . Corporate Organizations are now offering Indian Head Massage to their employees for de-stressing.
History of the Indian head massage
The Indian Head Massage dates back around 4000 years ago and originated in the East. Indian head massage is based on the Ayurvedic traditional system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years.
Oils to complement your Indian head massage
This massage is enjoyable without the use of oils. When performed with the use of aromatic oils the massage has added benefits on the body, mind and soul. Some of the oils used are Dudhi, Amla, Mustard, Jasmine, Coconut, Castor and Olive. Different oils provide different benefits such as headache relief, improved circulation, shiny hair or hair growth, warming the system, decreasing hot flushes and increasing memory to name a few.
For more information on private or corporate Indian Head Massage please contact Devorah on 082-4518833
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.