Waxing is one of the most commonly chosen options for hair removal by both women and men
The main advantage of waxing is its long-lasting results: you’ll be hair-free for up to six weeks, and since hair is removed at the root, it’ll grow back with fine rather than blunt ends so you’re less likely to experience any discomfort
To make sure your wax goes smoothly, WAXIT’s Founder – Michelle Royston, recommends the following top 10 tips to take some of the pain out of waxing and turn grizzly to good looking!
- Your hair should be about 1/4 inch or 6 mm – the ideal length for optimal smoothness.
- Shower before you wax because this will help open the pores and prevent you from getting ingrown hairs.
- Avoid using gels and oils pre-wax as they may interfere with the hair removal process.
- It’s wise to stay out of the sun for a few days before you wax – if your skin is burnt, your wax will be more painful. The same goes for afterwards – do not go to saunas, steam rooms or engage in sunbathing and intense exercise for one to two days after a wax because you’ll be more likely to burn and agitate your skin.
- Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable but avoid wearing tight clothing.
- While we aim to give you a pain free wax, some clients prefer to pop an ibuprofen or use a numbing cream about 30 minutes before.
- Know your wax! Ask your WAXITologists what wax they are using because the quality of the wax will determine the outcome of your wax.
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Take it easy and wear loose underwear and clothing for a few days post your wax.
- The day after waxing, use after-wax lotions and exfoliate to keep your skin free from bumps and ingrown hairs.