Last updated on Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:25 am
The December holidays are filled with sun, trips to the beach and picnics with friends, but also cosy evenings at home watching a movie together.
DStv has a jam-packed line-up of new local and international content everyone from your toddler to grandma will love this Festive Season!
From the end of November through to early next year, a range of DStv’s channels will serve fresh movies, music specials, sports and kids festivals to viewers.
M-Net comes bearing the best content treats to entertain the entire family. Leading the line-up are 6 new local Christmas movies on M-Net (DStv 101) and M-Net Movies 1 (DStv 104). These feel-good family flicks feature established and breakthrough South African acting talent, with SA’s breath-taking scenery across different provinces and cultures as a backdrop. Premiering in December, the list of original titles include:
- A Zulu Christmas (cast: Deli Malinga, Sphumuzo Sidzumo and Ayanda Banda),
- A Christmas Chorus (cast: Bianca Flanders, Namisa Mdlalose and Dean Balie),
- A Boere-Krismis (cast: Lara Toselli, Johann Vermaak and Albert Maritz),
- A Twisted Christmas (cast: Kate Liquorish, Euodia Samson and Abduragman Adams),
- Herb & Moon (cast: Robert Whitehead, Katherine Neethling and Keenan Arrison),
- Home Affairs: A Christmas Tale (cast: Hilton Pelser, David Viviers and Bronté Snell).
- My Kersfeeskombuis on VIA (DStv Channel 147)
- Holiday Gingerbread Showdown on Food Network (DStv Channel 175)
- Celebrity Chef Christmas Specials featuring Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey and Mary Berry on BBC Lifestyle (DStv Channel 174)
- Inside the Factory: Inside the Christmas Factory (DStv Channel 184) and
- Buddy vs Christmas on TLC (DStv Channel 135) will all help inspire you to create festive feasts that deliver all the feels.
- Sing along to music specials from Sam Smith, Michael Bublé, Bon Jovi and The Royal Variety Performance and don’t miss The Voice S19 Christmas Special on M-Net (DStv 101).
- Enjoy Songs Of Hope: Acoustic From Groote Kerk, André in Worship with André Venter on kykNet (DStv 144), and
- Kersfees & Koortjies met Jonathan Rubain on kykNET & kie (DStv Channel 145).
Daily kids’ festive festivals
M-Net will also be delivering fan-favourites with the return of its Animania (M-Net Movies 1) and Kids Club (M-Net Movies 4) festivals, which have been entertaining kids and the young at heart with great curated experiences for years.
The line-up includes:
- All the Spy Kids movies
- The House with a Clock on its Wall
- Man of the House,
- Daddy Day Camp
- Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.
Other great kids’ offerings include:
- Master Moley By Royal Invitation: Xmas Special on Boomerang (DStv Channel 302)
- Holiday Movie Week on Nickelodeon (DStv Channel 305) with films such as Rufus, Rufus 2, Albert and Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Binge-worthy box-sets to watch this December:
- Party of Five
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Good Lord Bird
- FBI: Most Wanted
- Comey Rule
SuperSport also has it covered throughout the festive season with a calendar exploding with content.
- There is a surplus of great sport, including 197 soccer matches across 30 days, starting on 19 December including UEFA Champions League, Premier League, DStv Premiership, LaLiga, Serie A and English Football League fixtures.
- For the first time, Tri-Nations and Currie Cup rugby will run into December, with a Boxing Day match (Bulls v Lions).
- Cricket fans will have much to enjoy on the domestic front with the Proteas against England in T20s and one-day internationals. The traditional Boxing Day Test will see South Africa host Sri Lanka at SuperSport Park. The World of Champions also has the Australia-India series.
- SA Open golf, WWE action, championship boxing, Formula One and Premiership rugby are also lined up.
SuperSport sport is available from DStv Channel 200 to 225.
How to watch DStv online
If you’ll be spending your holiday at the beach, you can connect your Explora to the Internet or download the DStv app and binge full seasons of your favourite shows after you’ve hit the beach.
Get the DStv app. It’s no extra cost for DStv subscribers. With the DStv app, the same channels you watch on your decoder at home are available for you to stream online at https://now.dstv.com/, or using the DStv app on your phone.