Last updated on Jan 30th, 2021 at 07:08 pm
We’re sure you’ve seen it – that black stuff that sometimes comes out of your baby’s favourite rubber ducky and ends up swimming around them in the bath. As you probably know, it’s mould – which thrives in a warm, moist environment like the bathroom.
Squeaky bath toys often have small holes that make them fun for kids to squirt water but as every mom knows, this makes it almost impossible to get all of the water out. As a result, mould – and invisible bacteria – can build up, which can be harmful to your child.
In fact, one mom has recently gone out on a limb to warn parents to be vigilant after her toddler nearly lost his eyesight when he got infected by bacteria which had squirted out his bath toy into his eye.
The two-year-old toddler’s mom, Eden Strong, shared the unsettling details on social media, and it’s now gone viral with many sharing similar experiences.