Last updated on Jan 30th, 2021 at 07:09 pm
Baking can be great fun for both you and your little one. Why not get them involved in helping you bake some delicious snacks?
Squish 100% fruit and veg puree and juice flavours give you a broader range of taste options for even the fussiest of eaters, right from the first introduction of solids through to a full meal, or tasty snack.
Try one of these recipes with your kids.
Squish Baked Breakfast Bars
These crunchy baked breakfast oat bars are perfect for those busy days when there’s no time to sit down for breakfast.
- 110ml Squish Pear, Butternut, Yoghurt and Mango with Cinnamon Puree
- 750ml (3 C) quick oats
- 125ml (½ C) sugar
- 5ml (½ t) salt
- 5ml (1 t) baking powder
- 5ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 125ml (½ C) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Place the oats, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Mix together the Squish Pear, Butternut, Yoghurt + Mango with Cinnamon Puree with the butter and the eggs.
- Add the Squish puree mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Spoon the mix into a baking dish spread with non-stick spray.
- Flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cut into fingers.
Squish Fruit and Spice Loaf
This moist tea cake is perfect for a morning snack or for your little one’s lunch box.
*Makes 12 slices
- 110ml Squish Pear, Butternut, Yoghurt + Mango with Cinnamon Puree Glaze
- 125ml (½ C) Squish 100% Apple Juice
- 440ml (1¾ C) cake flour
- 250ml (1 C) sugar
- 5ml (1 t) cinnamon
- 5ml (½ t) baking powder
- 5ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml (½ C) grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 125ml (½ C) sunflower oil
- Sift the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Add the grated carrot.
- Mix together the eggs, oil, Squish 100% Apple Juice and the Squish Pear, Butternut, Yoghurt + Mango with Cinnamon Puree.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat well to mix.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 35 minutes or until the loaf is well risen and a wooden skewer inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Slice and serve.