It’s no wonder that just six out of ten of this bride’s wedding party agreed to her bizarre contract. In fact, we’re surprised that anyone bothered at all…
From promising not to get pregnant, to saving over R10,000 to help with ‘expenses’, this bride’s comprehensive bridesmaids’ contract had Facebook readers gobsmacked.
Firstly, who would want to be her friend, secondly, who is the poor guy who’s marrying this Bridezilla? Did he also have to sign a contract?
To make matters worse, the bride-to-be thought that her contract was an ‘excellent idea’ and even shared it herself so that other future brides could copy it for their own use. She clearly did not anticipate the negative reaction it would receive from the public.
According to a report in The Sun, the bride posted on Facebook that she put the contracts together after reading “a lot of stories about negative experiences with bridesmaids”.
“I gave out contracts. It explained my expectations from beginning to end.”
To be fair, at least the bridesmaids knew what they were in for right from the beginning. We’re certain that those who opted out were happy with their choice in the end. Even if it cost them a friendship!
For the bridesmaids who remained, it was likely a different story
If they were unhappy with anything at all, they were not allowed to show it! In fact, their contract stipulated that they would have to “be happy and positive at all times during the wedding and reception.”
Hopefully the bridesmaids also had deep pockets. They were required to pay for their own dress, shoes and hairstyling for the event, and fork out for the bachelorette party T-shirt. Their contract required them to “save at least $50 (around R760) a month for expenses for the next 14 months.”
This would add up to over R10,000 which they would be required to put towards the bride’s events and expenses.
And don’t you dare stress-eat!
If the bridesmaids needed some comfort food after dealing with this Bridezilla, they hopefully chose wisely, as they were not allowed to gain more than 3 kilogrammes before the wedding. And if they dared to accidentally fall pregnant during that time, they would be instantly relieved of their duties.
Outshining the bride was also a no-no
Insecure much? The Bridezilla wanted to make sure that she was the focus of attention on the wedding day. Her helpers were not to outshine her – literally. No shiny lip gloss allowed. Or any jewellery accessories or bright nail polish.
All we can say is “Good luck” to the poor man who agreed to spend the rest of his life with this woman. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Read the full 37-point contract below!
- I will not try to convince the bride to change anything in her wedding
- I will not talk negative about anyone in the wedding
- I will not gain more than 3kg between now and the wedding
- I will wear only black or dark brown hair on the day of the wedding (highlights may be accepted with prior approval)
- I cannot wear any lashes the day of the wedding unless professionally installed
- I have to attend the bridal shower and bachelorette party, fitting and rehearsals and wedding (only time this can be missed is death or jail, pregnancy over five months and some sickness with recent doctor’s note)
- I will take care of my skin, hair and nails from now until the wedding
- The bride will choose my make-up artist the day of the wedding
- I will agree to wear the dress the bride chooses regardless of my own opinions, style or colour
- I will not wear any extra accessories, items of clothing or jewellery the day of the wedding except my wedding or engagement ring.
- I will not intentionally fall pregnant before the wedding. (Pregnancy under five months will not be excused from attending wedding events)
- I will support the bride in everything she chooses
- I will not consume more than seven units of alcohol during any event – except bachelorette party (there will be no limit)
- I will not bring a date to wedding or reception without bridal approval
- I will not bring any outside people, except kids, to any meeting
- I will not bring my kids to the wedding unless they are a part of the wedding party (no exceptions)
- I will make sure I have an accountable babysitter the day of all events and I understand that no show for no babysitter will not be an acceptable excuse
- I will not make any advances towards males in the wedding party
- I will not date anyone in the wedding party that I wasn’t dating before I signed this contract
- I will be happy and positive at all times during wedding and reception
- I will not grow sensitive and angry with the bride because I understand that she has a bossy attitude
- I will not attempt to outdo the bride in any way
- I will wear the hairstyle the bride chooses for the wedding day
- I understand that I have to purchase my own dress and shoes and hairstyle for the wedding
- I understand that the bachelorette party may be a destination getaway
- I understand that I have to purchase a bachelorette party T-shirt and fund my own trip if it is away
- I understand that the maid and matron of honour will need help funding some of the events. The wedding and reception are not included
- I understand that the bride does not want any suggestion and this agreement is on here twice, two different ways because the bride wants it to be clear. Only suggestion allowed is a way to get her exact item at a cheaper price.
- I will not drop out of the wedding party for any of the reasons listed above. If I do not like anything listed, I will not sign the contract and I will be replaced. I understand that I do not agree to the above terms it will not ruin the bride and I’s friendship. But if I sign and agree and later want to drop out, then it will ruin our friendship
- I understand that no friendship to the bride is bigger than anyone in her wedding party and everyone will be treated equally
- I understand that I may have to do physical activity at the reception and this requires practices provided by the bride
- No coloured contact lenses allowed
- No black drawn-on eyebrows or thick drawn-on (matter of fact, revert back to make-up law above)
- No glossy coloured lipstick allowed (the kind that looks very , very shiny and bright)
- No colourful nails the day of the wedding. Only colours allowed are American, French or Nudes
- I will provide the bride with my normal seven-day schedule within five days of signing this contract.
- I will agree to save at least $50 (around R760) a month for expenses for the next 14 months.
Would you have agreed to these terms and conditions?!