Last updated on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 12:49 pm
Help your little one step into spring with this fun craft made by recycling egg cartons. She’ll have hours of fun playing with her flower fairies.
You will need:
- Egg cartons (coloured ones, preferably)
- Small pair of scissors
- Large wooden beads (about 1.5cm)
- Smaller beads
- Permanent marker
- Cut out the “peaks/petals” from the egg cartons. You will need at least four “peaks/ petals” per fairy.
- Cut and shape your peaks into flowers.
- Poke a hole in the top of the flowers.
- Paint the flowers, and while they are wet, “shape” with your fingers or use a stick to help curl the leaves. Let them dry in the sun.
- Stack your petals one on top of the other. With a string, knot a smaller bead to the bottom (This will help secure your fairy).
- Thread the string through all the petals and gently pull it tight.
- You can now attach your larger bead for the head. Use a permanent marker to draw on a face.
- Thread through more petals for the hat and hair, and secure tightly with a knot.
Text, styling and photography by Noeleen Foster. Model Rebecca Myers.