Last updated on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 12:41 pm
All you need is a couple of plain T-shirts and babygro’s, glue, different materials, different buttons and some lace and you can turn a plain shirt or babygro into a designer item!
The T-shirt tie
- Simply cut the shape of a tie out of some funky fabric and hem the edges. You can stitch it on by hand, use your sewing machine, or simply just glue it on.
Red checkered bow
- Cut out a rectangular shape for the actual bow. Hem the sides, gather in the centre and stitch on.
Crocheted flowers and leaf
- Cut out a leaf shape from green fabric and sew or glue on little flowers (available at fabric shops or local haberdashery stores).
Pimp your babygro
A little lace goes a long way
- Unless you’re able to find stretchy lace, simply stitch a strip of lace to the front of the babygro (leaving the back untouched, so that it’s still comfortable to wear and won’t restrict movement).
- Make a simple flower from fabric and voila.
Black beaded necklace
- This fashion statement will always be in style. These were simply drawn on with a permanent marker (use a small side plate to help trace the U-shape of the necklace). Paint in the beads with fabric paint and sew on your bow.