Last updated on Jun 21st, 2021 at 10:48 am
- 100g raisins
- Finely grated zest plus the juice of one large orange
- 250g gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 180ml sunflower oil
- 180ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Tip the raisins and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, and then set aside to cool completely.
- Mix the zest, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, yoghurt and vanilla, and add to the dry ingredients along with the raisins and any juice left in the pan.
- Mix together gently and spoon into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, and then cool on a wire rack.
TIP: These are best eaten warm or cold on the same day, and you can freeze them and then defrost for 2 hours at room temperature. Reheat them for 5 to 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.