Health expert and media personality, Dr Sindi van Zyl, shares the top 10 items she would recommend packing for the upcoming holidays…
We’re all keen to get away or just take a break from a chaotic year. But don’t relax your safety precautions while you’re enjoying some much-needed down time.
Here’s what Dr Sindi van Zyl believes you should pack in your bag
- Face masks – studies have shown how they can significantly reduce the spread of infection, we wear masks to keep ours germs to ourselves in doing so we protect others.
- Hand sanitizer – to keep your hands germ-free while you are on the go and at home.
- Anti-bacterial wipes – these are handy for hygiene purposes especially in communal seating areas like airplane seats, where just a quick wipe down before you sit can help mitigate risk.
- Salome Menstrual Pain – although many people’s focus is currently on protecting them from COVID-19 infection, other health issues should not be forgotten about. The herbal extracts contained in the Salome range help to effectively and safely manage menstrual cramps and other issues like heavy menstrual bleeding and PCOS linked to infertility.
- Vitamin C – with the second wave approaching, a daily dose of VitaminC- 1000mg is sufficient to strengthen your immunity.
- Vitamin D – many people are Vitamin D deficient and this leads to sluggishness and may contribute to depression. It is important to get checked by a GP and if there is a deficiency, to get a Vitamin D supplement.
- SPF50 – protect your skin against possible sun damage while enjoying the outdoors this holiday.
- Power bank – these are great to have in your handbag just in case you run out of battery while travelling or on the go.
- Your gym gear – try incorporate morning runs, walks or other robust activities into your holidays plans to ensure that your body is getting all the necessary endorphins it needs.
- Polarized sunglasses – what’s summer without a pair of fabulous sunnies, especially when they have a dual purpose of protecting your eyes from the harmful glare of the sun.
With the resurgence of COVID-19 and recent increases in positive cases, be sure to stay safe and keep healthy while you enjoying a well-deserved break over this holiday period!