Summer’s here. And what better way to spend an evening than under the stars watching a movie…
With the arrival of Summer in Cape Town, its star-lit skyline as a backdrop and fresh, sea air to wash away the Covid blues, the President Hotel has ushered in the season with their ever popular Savanna Summer Silent Movie Nights showcasing all-time favourites for a girl’s night out, a family affair or romantic romp.
An outdoor cinema is the ideal venue in terms of lockdown and social-distancing requirements. But don’t worry, there will still be popcorn.
“We have applied all the required hygiene and health protocols as set out by the WHO, but without compromising on the experience – the smell of popcorn, the big screen and the sound turned way up!” Joanne Clayton, Marketing and Brand Manager explains.
Here’s the movie schedule so far:
- 5 November – Clueless
- 12 November – 500 Days of Summer
- 19 November – The Devil Wears Prada
- 26 November – A Star is Born
- 03 December – How Stella Got Her Groove Back
- 10 December – Jerry Maguire
All the important details:
- Tickets are R290 per person and include a bean bag (first come first serve for your spot on the turf), popcorn, whispers, headphone rental, gourmet picnic box and a Savanna.
- If you fancy the VIP treatment, for R490 per person you get a reserved front row, lounge seat, headphone rental, popcorn, Lindt chocolates, Pongracz, Savanna, VIP picnic box and gift!
- Doors open at 18h00 and the movie starts at 20h00.
Weather check. Roll tape.