The socialite who stole Simon Cowell’s heart The socialite who stole Simon Cowell’s heart The socialite who stole Simon Cowell’s heart Rumours are that Simon Cowell (61) has finally decided to settle down. After breaking his back in a terrifying near-death experience, insiders say he’s had a ‘wake-up call’…
The music mogul has had a string of relationships throughout his career – and he clearly has a type. Tall, brunette and absolutely stunning. His current girlfriend, Lauren Silverman (43) ticks all the boxes and more. The socialite is also the mother of the couple’s six-year-old son, Eric. Insiders are saying that Simon may now be considering making it ‘official’ and tying the knot with his long term bae.
While Simon and Lauren’s relationship began as an affair while Lauren was still married to her husband Andrew, the six-year relationship seems to have tamed the “X Factor” judge. His son, Eric has also brought out the paternal side of “Mr Mean” whose scathing comments aimed at “Britain’s Got Talent” contestants have left many in tears.
In fact, Simon – whose net worth is estimated at $600 million – says that he even embarked on a plant-based diet to shed the pounds so that he could be a better father to Eric.
Has Simon found ‘the one’? Only time will tell, but here are 10 things to know about the potential future Mrs Cowell:
- She’s 43 years old and was born in the US
- She’s an American socialite
- She has a younger sister
- She’s used to a life of luxury as her father was a successful real estate mogul
- She married her first husband, Andrew Silverman in 2003 when they were both in their mid-20s. He is reportedly worth $30 million
- Lauren and Simon met while they were on holiday in Barbados in 2006. While Simon says he had feelings for her then, they didn’t begin their ‘relationship’ until a few years later. Lauren was still married at the time they started seeing each other.
- Lauren has a child, Adam, from her first marriage to Andrew
- Her first marriage allegedly soured after her husband (who is a real estate developer) spent a lot of time working and on travel assignments
- She became pregnant with Simon Cowell’s child in 2013 which forced the pair to reveal their affair.
- Their son, Eric was born on Valentine’s day in 2014. He was named after Simon’s father
Who were the other ladies in Simon’s life?
Here are some of the women that the music and television mogul has dated over the years:
- Jackie St Clair (1980s)
- Sinitta (1984)
- Louise Payne (1995 – 1998) in fact, it was reported that they were engaged for a time
- Georgina Law (pre-2001)
- Terri Seymour (2001 – 2008)
- Mezhgan Hussainy (they began an affair in 2006, dated openly in 2009. They were engaged in 2010 but the relationship ended in 2012)
- Lauren Silverman (together since 2013)