Tripadvisor recently released its list of Best Fine Dining Restaurants in the world. At number 13 is Constantia’s La Colombe.
Despite being battered by the coronavirus pandemic, the restaurant has made innovative changes to its menu, and even developed a home delivery option to ensure diners still have access to their award-winning meals.
The restaurant was also voted number 1 in Africa by TripAdvisor guests. “Thank you to TripAdvisor and everyone who has dined with us – we are thrilled to be ranked among the Best Fine Dining Restaurants World in the 2020 Travellers’ Choice Awards, with this feedback, “Can I award six stars? I will have to find a thesaurus to adequately describe the food. The service was also beyond fault”
Number 1 in Africa, and Number 13 in the world! Thank you to TripAdvisor and everyone who has dined with us – we are…
On 25 May, the eatery launched the La Colombe Dine-In Experience. Made up of nine carefully-crafted courses, this menu was specially developed by the team to be enjoyed in the comfort of your home. “The perfect way to celebrate a special birthday or anniversary in lockdown, or to simply turn a regular evening at home into an unforgettable culinary experience,” said a statement about the new dining experience.
Introducing the La Colombe Dine-In Experience! Consisting of nine carefully-crafted courses, this menu has been…
This was offered until the end of July due to the massive demand.
Reopening celebrated on 1 July
On 1 July, the restaurant opened its doors again with winter specials and non-alcoholic drink pairings.
Later in July, the team joined in the nation-wide protests against the continued alcohol ban which was affecting thousands of businesses and jeopardising jobs in the hospitality industry.
Standing in solidarity with restaurants, our staff and the greater hospitality industry as we work together to survive these challenging times #jobssavelives
The restaurant is now open every day for lunch and dinner, and is excited to be serving guests its world-class menu again.
You only have two weeks left to take advantage of our current "Winter Special!" Join us for lunch, from R595 pp, or…
The top 20 Best Fine Dining Restaurants in the world include:
- Auberge Du Vieux Puits – Fontjoncouse, France
- La Ville Blanche – Rospez, France
- Chila – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- The Black Swan at Oldstead – Oldstead, United Kingdom
- Leo – Bogota, Colombia
- Aramburu – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Restaurant La Maison d’a Cote – Montlivault, France
- 040 Restaurante – Santiago, Chile
- Ise Sueyoshi – Nishiazabu, Japan
- The Fat Duck – Bray-on-Thames, United Kingdom
- 5 – Stuttgart, Germany
- TRB Hutong – Beijing, China
- La Colombe – Constantia, South Africa
- L’Enclume – Cartmel, United Kingdom
- Azurmendi – Larrabetzu, Spain
- Ciel Bleu Restaurant – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Martin Berasategui – Lasarte, Spain
- Ristorante Lido ’84 – Gardone Riviera, Italy
- Quintessenza – Trani, Italy
- Ristorante Don Alfonso 1890 Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy