Mrs Bertha Meltzer, at 103, is one of South Africa’s oldest COVID-19 discharges…
Mediclinic Cape Town celebrated her discharge from hospital on 3 August, and shared the video on social media.
“We are excited to see that after being admitted with pneumonia and Covid-19, she is now recovered sufficiently for a marvellous discharge from Mediclinic Cape Town. Special moments during admission included zoom calls with her 80-year-old twin sons.”
“We wish her all the best for her further recovery!”
Read more recovery stories HERE
Facebook commenters praised the medical staff, offered their prayers, and wished Bertha all the best:
- Craig Adams: All praises to God and for working through the hands of the doctors… Well done to the doctors and nursing staff for your prayers while assisting and looking after our loved ones in hospitals. God mighty hand and blessings over use and your loved ones…
- Jackie Levitt: Dr Neville Govender is incredible and heading the great team at CT mediclinic. Well done to all the drs and nursing team there! May you all be blessed! X
- Michaela Withfield: Absolutely amazing . well done and congrats to everyone
- Cathy Hendrik Olivier: You guys are amazing working through the hands of God protecting you well done thx
- Yolandi ‘Luus’ Vos: Heartwarming!!!! Well done to all involved in this patient’s journey to recovery!!!
- Claudette Jansen: Only God – How Great is His work – Well done to the doctors and nursing staff
- Ginny Lieber: May you go from strength to strength. Wonderful recovery.