Feeling stressed, tired or need an immune system boost? IV therapy may help, here’s what you need to know
Intravenous (IV) therapy or treatments is a collective term for fluids that are administered directly into a vein. Although IV treatments have only recently seemingly gained popularity, types of IV treatments, like vitamin infusions and ozone, have been used for decades.
IV infusions vitamin therapy
IV infusion treatments involve a cocktail of specifically selected vitamins, mineral supplements and antioxidants given intravenously. Before any IV infusion therapy, ensure that a doctor assesses your overall health and medical history. At Skin Renewal, a mandatory IV consultation guarantees that you receive an IV treatment that benefits you and is provided in the right dosage.
What are the benefits of IV infusion therapy?
- IV infusions go directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system. This ensures maximum absorption and therefore fast and effective results.
- Treatments can be done in under an hour in comfortable and relaxing environments. Read, relax or even take a nap and leave feeling revitalised.
- From helping to treat stress, promote healthy skin and hair and boost your immune system, a wide range of IV infusions means that you’ll find one that works for you.
- People have reported feeling better immediately afterwards and a single treatment can last up to 3 weeks. However, several weekly sessions for 4-8 weeks recommended to reap the cumulative benefits.
- IV infusions are also a way to improve general well-being, your overall mood and energy levels.
- At Skin Renewal, all IV infusions are done by registered nurses and a doctor is always on-site. Strict health and safety codes are also followed, giving you peace of mind.
Another form of IV therapy that is especially suited to the immunocompromised, is medical ozone therapy.
Medical ozone therapy
Medical ozone therapy is the process whereby ozone gas is administered, usually intravenously, by a doctor or nurse. Ozone, which is a form of oxygen, can also be administered through ear insufflation, bagging and funnelling or cupping. A registered Skin Renewal practitioner will discuss and recommend the best method for you.
What are the benefits of ozone therapy?
- Ozone mixes with the blood at a cellular level, providing an oxygen boost. Some degenerative diseases are due to oxygen starvation. It could also help improve circulation and purify the blood.
- It can help detoxify and kill off harmful pathogens like bacteria, viruses and fungi which could prevent infections.
- Reduce inflammation and gives the immune system a boost which helps speed up healing and recovery.
- Ozone treatments vary from 10-45 minutes and can be done in your lunch hour.
Where can I get IV Infusion therapy or medical ozone therapy?
Skin Renewal has branches in Cape Town, Pretoria, Johannesburg and KZN. To find one near you and to book an IV consultation, click here.