The Miss South Africa Organisation announced on Tuesday that in 2020 it would send a representative to not only Miss Universe and Miss World but Miss Supranational as well
Although South Africa has sent entrants to the international competition before, this will be the first time under the official Miss South Africa Organisation banner.
The reigning Miss Supranational is Anntonia Porsild from Thailand, and sadly South Africa is yet to secure a title.
Well not yet, that is…
HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY PAGEANT:
- The word “supranational” means to have power or influence that transcends national boundaries or governments.
- Miss Supranational is an annual international beauty pageant that is run by the World Beauty Association. The first edition of the pageant was held in Poland in 2009, where Ukraine was crowned the winner.
- The competition was held in Poland for four consecutive years. In 2013 Miss Supranational was hosted by the city of Minsk in Belarus, before returning to Poland once more.
- For the last six years, the competition has taken place in the first week of December.
- Here’s a fun fact, in 2016, a competition for men Mister Supranational was created.
- Every year contestants from almost 80 countries participate in the contest which focuses on grace and natural beauty among its contestants. The pageant’s motto is: Glamour, fashion and natural beauty.
- Although South Africa hasn’t been crowned the overall winner, in 2011 and 2012 South Africa walked away with the continental title.
- India is the country with the most wins, having been crowned twice.
Entries to Miss South Africa 2020 close on Sunday at 00:00.
Author: News24 Entertainment