Last updated on Sep 11th, 2020 at 10:37 am
To slow down the spread of Coronavirus and Covid-19, disinfecting surfaces in the work area and at home should be a top priority…
A quick and easy solution to disinfecting large surfaces is to use a cordless spray gun to spray disinfectant.
Sanitise with a spray gun
A cordless spray gun is highly effective to spray disinfectant, compared to regular cleaning. Any cordless spray gun will work, although EcoDepot recommends the Ryobi XSG-18 Cordless Spray Gun (usually sold as a paint spray gun) for reliability and value for money.
It has a comfortable soft grip handle as well as three variable spray options, one of them being a very fine mist spray, which is perfect for any surface that you may want to disinfect. It is also a lot more efficient than an agricultural sprayer, as it covers an entire surface with a thin layer of disinfectant without leaving untreated patches.
Virol-Oxy is surface disinfectant which works within minutes and is highly effective against viruses (including coronavirus), bacteria, fungi and spores. It’s a lot more gentle to most surfaces than diluted bleach and you can even use it to wash off some food products.
Virol-Oxy is a disinfectant elaborated in Germany and distributed by EcoDepot in South Africa. Virol-Oxy is also available in bulk 1kg packages, as well as an all-inclusive kit, to prepare 100L of disinfectant (1% solution).
How to disinfect large surfaces within minutes
- Wash your hands
- Dissolve Virol-Oxy in lukewarm water: To make 1 litre of highly effective 1% solution, dissolve 10 grams of Virol-Oxy Disinfectant in 1 litre of lukewarm water
- Stir the powder: Stir until the powder has dissolved, leaving a clear pink solution
- Assemble the spray gun: Insert the battery and the largest spray nozzle option for a fine mist spray, then attach the spray gun recipient that contains the Virol -Oxy 1% solution.
- Spray surfaces: Spray any hard surface and/or equipment, including floors, counters, windows, doors, knobs, benches, baths, sinks and much more
- Leave for 10 minutes: Leave for up to a minimum of 10 minutes, then wipe over with a paper towel
Watch how to disinfect surfaces using a cordless sprayer and Virol-Oxy:
Stay safe, and together we can flatten the curve! Visit EcoDepot for more DIY and home improvement products.
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.