“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your body weight gets down to your goal-weight.
Sometimes it’s just about staying sane
The purpose of this article series is to talk about exercising for weight loss using a combination of weight training, some cardio, and calorie restriction.
But what about if the lockdown just has you feeling like you’re about to go ‘mental’ from being shut inside for ages? What do you do then?
Sometimes exercise is just a really good way to stay sane.
Here are some suggestions of how to clear your head and enjoy the mental health benefits of exercise.
1. Take the dog for a long walk
This gets Fido some exercise, and at the same time gets you out of the house in a manner that’s distracted enough by the dog to stop you from obsessing about life’s issues. Concentrate on your surroundings, and stroll along for as long as you can. Enjoy the neighbourhood sights and sounds, and the community vibe from all the other walkers, joggers, and strollers.
2. Do an afternoon yoga session
It doesn’t have to be complicated or tough, just some gentle stretching to get your blood flowing and your mind back to where you want it. Plus, if you’re lucky enough to be able to exercise in the garden, you’ll get some vitamin D. There are loads of free online yoga classes that you can follow on YouTube.
3. Play with the kids
Yes, really. Play with them. Play whatever they are playing. It’ll be a good workout, and you’ll feel like a child again. Plus it’s the best thing you can do for your children – they will love it.
Sometimes we need to give ourselves a break from reality, and gentle exercise is a great way to do it. Do it today, and get back to being the real you.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for Weight Loss – 3 Simple exercises to do with home-made weights
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Make your own weights
- Exercise for weight loss – Use your Level 4 exercise time wisely!
- Exercise for weight loss – Stronger people are better at fighting disease
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Home workout dos and don’ts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Workout with your kids during lockdown
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Lockdown workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Just keep going
- Exercise for Weight Loss – The problem with watching your WEIGHT
- Exercise for Weight Loss – What else does strength training do for you?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Press for success (and firmer arms!)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part two)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part one)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How long should you train for?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How to optimise your diet for building strength
- Exercise for weight loss – Why is strength training so important?
- Exercise for weight loss – Why it’s a bad idea to miss a workout
- Exercise for weight loss – Bored with your workout? Try this
- Exercise for weight loss – Get your perspective right
- Exercise for weight loss – How to get abs!
- Exercise for Weight Loss – DON’T do sport-specific workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Make your exercise a non-negotiable
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.