“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your body weight gets down to your goal-weight.
Home workout dos and don’ts
We all know by now that getting stronger is super-important. So how do you continue to get stronger the right way while you’re at home for the next little while?
Well, it’s pretty tough.
Unless you have a home gym set up with a power rack, barbell and some weights plates, you’re going to have to compromise.
The important thing is that you do SOMETHING
Anything you can keep doing while away from the gym is better than nothing, and will keep your body used to exercise, as well as keep your routine going, so that when you return to proper training you haven’t fallen too far behind.
So what should you do?
What you really want to do is to keep doing the basic movements – squat, deadlift, press, and bench press, with some pull ups thrown in if you can. If you have a barbell and some weights you can do some of these.
If you don’t, you can improvise weights from various household items, like buckets filled with sand and a broom handle. The other thing I must say here is that the internet is your friend. Find some people you respect in the fitness industry, and then search for home workout suggestions from them.
What you want to avoid is doing NOTHING.
So try to be creative, and come up with a workout you can do every two days. Besides the strength benefit, it’ll give you something to do in this frustrating time.
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Workout with your kids during lockdown
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Lockdown workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Just keep going
- Exercise for Weight Loss – The problem with watching your WEIGHT
- Exercise for Weight Loss – What else does strength training do for you?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Press for success (and firmer arms!)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part two)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part one)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How long should you train for?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How to optimise your diet for building strength
- Exercise for weight loss – Why is strength training so important?
- Exercise for weight loss – Why it’s a bad idea to miss a workout
- Exercise for weight loss – Bored with your workout? Try this
- Exercise for weight loss – Get your perspective right
- Exercise for weight loss – How to get abs!
- Exercise for Weight Loss – DON’T do sport-specific workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Make your exercise a non-negotiable
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.