“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your body weight gets down to your goal-weight.
Workout with your kids during lockdown
If you’re a parent, then lockdown is hitting you HARD. Why? Because you’re not used to having your kids around all the time, unless you home-school them anyway.
One of the things that becomes extremely tough to do with the kids around is schedule time to do your ‘alone things’, one of which is work out. And to make it even worse, you can’t even escape to the gym right now, so you have to find a way to do your workouts at home.
Working out is one of the things that keeps us sane, and as such, it’s a very important thing to do.
So here are a few suggestions to make the kids happy while you train.
- Divide your workout into short segments, in case you can’t do it all at once. Four ten minute workouts is the same as one forty minute one, so if you have other responsibilities, simply split it up.
- Have a plan before you try to train. Figuring out your workout can take time that you don’t have. So plan it the day before, so when you need to begin, you can actually do so.
- Let your kids have some screen time. This isn’t ideal, but lockdown has put us in a weird situation, and you need to figure it out. Let them play on a tablet, or watch a movie. This will give you time to get your exercise done.
- Work out in the garden. This will allow your kids to play in the garden while you work out, so they are still under your supervision, but not in your way.
- If you need the kids to get rid of some energy, rope them in and get them to join your workout. It might not be as ‘smooth’ as it would have been if you’d done it alone, but it might inspire your kids to incorporate exercise into their lifestyles in the future.
Remember, you’re getting your own work outs done, but you’re also teaching your children that exercise is an important part of life. So do it with no excuses.
Join the All4Women BLOOM rewards club and get access to loads of awesome HEALTH deals:
Join Bloom Rewards to access these deals
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Lockdown workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Just keep going
- Exercise for Weight Loss – The problem with watching your WEIGHT
- Exercise for Weight Loss – What else does strength training do for you?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Press for success (and firmer arms!)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part two)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part one)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How long should you train for?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How to optimise your diet for building strength
- Exercise for weight loss – Why is strength training so important?
- Exercise for weight loss – Why it’s a bad idea to miss a workout
- Exercise for weight loss – Bored with your workout? Try this
- Exercise for weight loss – Get your perspective right
- Exercise for weight loss – How to get abs!
- Exercise for Weight Loss – DON’T do sport-specific workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Make your exercise a non-negotiable
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.