“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your body weight gets down to your goal-weight.
In my previous article I suggested that while gyms may be closed, you could still go for a run, or work out in the park. These options are now off the table due to lockdown.
Lockdown essential to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa, and as such, we all need to adhere to it. Your health and safety is on the line right now, as is everyone else’s.
So what are you going to do to exercise now that you can’t leave your house?
I’ll be sharing some lockdown workouts over the next few weeks.
Here is my first suggestion:
This is an option that anyone can do, and it’s scalable to various difficulty levels, too. It’s a circuit. Do it as many times as you can in under thirty minutes. As you get fitter, try to do more rounds, and rest less.
- Air Squats – 20 reps
- Pushups – 10 reps (from your knees or against a wall if you need to)
- Burpees – 10 reps
- Lunges – 20 reps (10 on each leg)
- Situps – 20 reps
- Burpees – 10 reps
Looks easy right? Try it. Do it every two days, and see how much better you can get in three weeks.
Join the All4Women BLOOM rewards club and get access to loads of awesome HEALTH deals:
Join Bloom Rewards to access these deals
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Just keep going
- Exercise for Weight Loss – The problem with watching your WEIGHT
- Exercise for Weight Loss – What else does strength training do for you?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Press for success (and firmer arms!)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part two)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part one)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How long should you train for?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How to optimise your diet for building strength
- Exercise for weight loss – Why is strength training so important?
- Exercise for weight loss – Why it’s a bad idea to miss a workout
- Exercise for weight loss – Bored with your workout? Try this
- Exercise for weight loss – Get your perspective right
- Exercise for weight loss – How to get abs!
- Exercise for Weight Loss – DON’T do sport-specific workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Make your exercise a non-negotiable
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.