“Reality Check” is an article series which looks at common mistakes people make when they begin dieting for weight loss. We’ll check out some ‘thought adjustments’ that will help you make better choices on your journey. The articles include tips, new ideas to try, strategies to follow, and encouragement to keep you moving forward.
3 Weeks at home doesn’t have to ruin your diet
“This lockdown thing is going to wreck my diet. I am just going to be sitting at home, with lots of food, and no way to exercise.”
Lockdown. If you’re on a diet and exercise plan, it’s going to be tough to maintain your momentum, but it’s not impossible! Don’t give up!
You just need to alter your goals and expectations slightly, and make peace with the new reality we’re living in. Lockdown is essential for the sake of the health of the people in our country. We need to beat the coronavirus together.
But lockdown doesn’t have to mean complete shutdown of your diet and exercise plan.
But what about your diet?
Well, the truth is that 21 days isn’t really that long in the greater scheme of things, and just because you’re sitting at home doesn’t mean you NEED to eat a lot.
You can stick to your diet fairly closely, at least in terms of calorie count, while you’re stuck at home. And you can exercise, too, if you put your mind to it (check YouTube for thousands of home workout videos). You’ll find there are lots of things you can do in your home to keep your metabolism revved up.
The important thing is to not go backwards during this time, because it’s SO HARD to begin again in a few days when this is all over.
Stick with the plan.
Read more in the ‘reality check’ series below:
- Weight loss reality check: Ramp up your immunity with protein
- Weight loss reality check: What exactly is processed food, and is it ALL bad?
- Weight loss reality check: How to form long-lasting habits
- Weight loss reality check: How about something easy for a change?
- Weight loss reality check: Who’s benefitting from your diet plan?
- Weight loss reality check: Are your goals good for you?
- Weight loss reality check: Your relationship with food is key
- Weight loss reality check: What is a ‘healthy’ body weight, anyway?
- Weight loss reality check: New Year’s (every) day
- Weight loss reality check: New year, new you? Here’s the uncomfortable truth
- Weight loss reality check: Some extra calories are better than others?
- Weight loss reality check: Holiday diet dos and don’ts
- Weight loss reality check: The caveman diet?
- Weight loss reality check: Should you eat like a lion?
- Weight loss reality check: Don’t turn to food for comfort
- Weight loss reality check: Maybe you need to eat MORE
Join BLOOM REWARDS to access these awesome health and fitness deals!
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.