“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your body weight gets down to your goal-weight.
The problem with watching your WEIGHT
One of the problems with exercising for weight loss is that most of the people who do it are focussed on weighing less when it comes to actual kilogrammes…
They follow the programme diligently, but instead of taking note of their improved tone, strength, and fitness, and how their clothes look and feel, they get on the scale every day, and fixate on the idea that their body weight hasn’t gone down.
If you started out with an extra 10kgs or so to lose, then your weight will definitely decrease, but you’ll see a slowdown in the amount of weight you lose over time.
This is because exercising, especially with weights, will grow your muscles. This means that while you lose fat, you gain a bit of body mass at the same time, which may result in a disappointing moment on the scale.
The fix for this?
Measure your ‘fattest’ body parts with a measuring tape, and repeat the process every couple of weeks. The measurements should decrease, even if your bodyweight doesn’t. As long as that’s happening then you’re winning, and you can feel positive about your progress. Much better than fixating on non-moving scale numbers that don’t mean much, right?
Join BLOOM REWARDS to access these awesome health and fitness deals!
Take a look at the articles below for more information exercising for weight loss:
- Exercise for Weight Loss – What else does strength training do for you?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Press for success (and firmer arms!)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part two)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Starting the year strong (part one)
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How long should you train for?
- Exercise for Weight Loss – How to optimise your diet for building strength
- Exercise for weight loss – Why is strength training so important?
- Exercise for weight loss – Why it’s a bad idea to miss a workout
- Exercise for weight loss – Bored with your workout? Try this
- Exercise for weight loss – Get your perspective right
- Exercise for weight loss – How to get abs!
- Exercise for Weight Loss – DON’T do sport-specific workouts
- Exercise for Weight Loss – Make your exercise a non-negotiable