“Exercise for Weight Loss” is an article series detailing the most successful exercise strategies that can be used to assist in speeding up the weight loss process, and help you end-up with a sleek, toned physique once your body weight gets down to your goal-weight.
How about something easy for a change?
“This one works. I mean, it really does. And the best part? I didn’t have to buy a book, use any fancy products, or join a cult.”
In a world of product-driven, celebrity-sponsored, fake-photo-edited and strange diet plans, there’s one that continues to work using NONE of the aforementioned gimmicks. It’s really simple, too, because if you read the plan, you’d probably say something like “I know all this stuff”.
Well, here’s the ultimate reality of dieting:
Losing weight is about cutting your calories to a slight deficit, every day, for a long period of time. As you lose a little weight, you adjust the deficit down slightly to keep the weight coming off.
- You don’t eat junk food if you can help it
- You don’t drink too much alcohol because you don’t need to
- You don’t have to exercise, although it does make you healthier, and more muscles means more fat burned
The bottom line: Create a caloric deficit, and maintain it. That’s all.
How do you do it?
Well, you can choose one of the fad diets – they all rely on a caloric deficit anyway, they just create the deficit differently. Otherwise, you can just work out how many calories you currently eat every day, and reduce that number by 300 or so.
Then eat good quality food (including beverages) that add up to your ‘ideal’ calorie number. You’ll be amazed at how quickly the scale will shift. It’s like magic. But it’s not. It’s EASY.
Read more in the ‘reality check’ series below:
- Weight loss reality check: Are your goals good for you?
- Weight loss reality check: Your relationship with food is key
- Weight loss reality check: What is a ‘healthy’ body weight, anyway?
- Weight loss reality check: New Year’s (every) day
- Weight loss reality check: New year, new you? Here’s the uncomfortable truth
- Weight loss reality check: Some extra calories are better than others?
- Weight loss reality check: Holiday diet dos and don’ts
- Weight loss reality check: The caveman diet?
- Weight loss reality check: Should you eat like a lion?
- Weight loss reality check: Don’t turn to food for comfort
- Weight loss reality check: Maybe you need to eat MORE
Join BLOOM REWARDS to access these awesome health and fitness deals!
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.