“Reality Check” is an article series which looks at common mistakes people make when they begin dieting for weight loss. We’ll check out some ‘thought adjustments’ that will help you make better choices on your journey. The articles include tips, new ideas to try, strategies to follow, and encouragement to keep you moving forward.
Who’s benefitting from your diet plan?
“My new diet is so easy. All I have to do to lose weight is eat products made by the Diet-Mastertron 3002. Simple and effective.”
There are a LOT of diet-based products out there. And I’m not just talking about diet pills and shakes and breakfast bars. A lot of the time, the diet itself is also a ‘product’ that is used as a vehicle to sell all kinds of things related to the diet. And they are all backed up by people who look very fit and professional, and use ‘scientific studies’ to prove their point.
If you take a closer look, however, you might find that the people who are selling the product to you are benefitting far more than you are. Yes you might be losing a bit of weight, but you’ve also probably spent a LOT of cash on the product and the various paraphernalia that goes along with it.
So what should you look out for? Can you really lose weight on a much simpler, and cheaper plan?
Losing weight does not require special shakes, cereals, pills, meal replacements, or running shoes. It simply requires some form of calorie reduction and increase in overall fitness and nutrition.
Be careful of diet plans that restrict you completely to their products and branded foods and supplements. This is not sustainable as a lifestyle going forwards.
The bottom line? You really want to find a diet where your wallet loses as little weight as possible, with maximum body transformation!
So choose wisely when you’re selecting your diet plan.
Read more in the ‘reality check’ series below:
- Weight loss reality check: Are your goals good for you?
- Weight loss reality check: Your relationship with food is key
- Weight loss reality check: What is a ‘healthy’ body weight, anyway?
- Weight loss reality check: New Year’s (every) day
- Weight loss reality check: New year, new you? Here’s the uncomfortable truth
- Weight loss reality check: Some extra calories are better than others?
- Weight loss reality check: Holiday diet dos and don’ts
- Weight loss reality check: The caveman diet?
- Weight loss reality check: Should you eat like a lion?
- Weight loss reality check: Don’t turn to food for comfort
- Weight loss reality check: Maybe you need to eat MORE
Join BLOOM REWARDS to access these awesome health and fitness deals!
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.