Instead of boring or awkward dinner dates, spice things up with these fun and active date ideas to get your heart rate up…
If you’ve been married for a while, going out for dinner is hardly ever memorable. And if you’re single and dating, it can be awkward.
The truth about dinner dates is that it’s hard to switch on the charm after a long a stressful day. As a result, the conversation can either feel forced or you find yourself moaning about things that went wrong at work or at home.
On the other hand, an active date helps you forget about your stressful day, reconnect to your playful self (which is automatically invigorating) and, because you’re getting exercise, it helps release mood-boosting endorphins.
Active dates also protect you from the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle and can help you reach the recommended minimum of 150 minutes of exercise a week required for good health.
Stumped as to what to do? Here are a few active date ideas…
- A walking tour of your city – Look up walking tours near you and enjoy being tourists in your own city.
- Ice skating – Nothing breaks the ice on a first date like skating like kids.
- Tenpin bowling – You can get a little competitive and still have a good laugh at those funny tenpin bowling shoes.
- Indoor rock climbing – If you want an experience to remember, book an indoor rock climbing lesson.
- Mini golf – You don’t have to be a golf-pro to enjoy this game.
- Scuba diving lesson – Feeling brave? Try something new like scuba diving.
- Go for a hike – Join a hiking group and enjoy the great outdoors together.
- A surfing lesson – What could be more exhilarating than the thrill of the ocean combined with the challenge of trying to catch a wave and stand up?
- A scenic cycle – Pack snacks, pick a route and be sure to stop and enjoy the view and a bite to eat together.
- Try canoeing or stand-up paddleboarding – Look for clubs near you that often stand-up paddleboard canoe rentals and classes.
Now you have no excuse for boring date nights.