Eating disorders aren’t always what you think they are. Here are six things that you may not have known about eating disorders…
The Academy of Eating Disorders has released a list of things that they say people should know about eating disorders. Here are the top six:
- People can look healthy and have an eating disorder.
- Families are not to blame.
- An eating disorder is a health crisis and should be taken seriously.
- Eating disorders can rewire someone’s brain, similar to how trauma affects someone psychologically.
- Genes and environment play a role.
- Full recovery is possible.
To learn more, watch the featured video.