For once, we’re not talking about cleaning! The kitchen may be the centre of the home, but that doesn’t mean it can’t look great too. And when we’re talking kitchens, the focal point is undoubtedly your countertops…
A cluttered kitchen looks …well, cluttered. Clean, crisp and clear countertops are always a visual stunner. Yet that has to be balanced with day-to-day living and convenience, of course. There are a few things you can do to synchronise the look of your kitchen without impacting daily life…
- Downsize bulky appliances, from coffee maker to kettle.
- Keep any tools, spices, cutlery, canisters etc on display matching and unified
- Relocate your ‘dumping space’ for keys, phones and daily paraphernalia out of the kitchen
- Stow your pots, pans etc, and minimise the towels and cloths you have visible
- Work to keep surfaces clear through the day
With a little care and thought, your kitchen can be as welcoming as it is practical.