Apple Inc has said it would be investigating reports that a 23-year-old Chinese woman died of electrocution as she was making a call on an iPhone while recharging the battery…
Former flight attendant Ma Ailun died on Thursday while using her iPhone 5 in the north-western region of Xinjiang, Ma’s sister reported.
“We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family,” Apple said. “We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter,”
The official Xinhua news agency said police were still investigating Ma’s death and had not confirmed that a mobile phone was involved.
Ma bought the phone at an official Apple store in December and used the original charger on Thursday, the agency quoted her sister as saying.
It quoted the China Consumers’ Association as saying a man died in north-eastern China in 2010 after he was electrocuted while making a call from a phone he was recharging with an “unauthorized charger”.

Author: SAPA