Every season is handbag season and there’s no better time to shop for handbags than right now.
We’d have a new handbag for every day if we had the money – and the wardrobe space. These five handbag types to complete any outfit are the next best thing.
Dusty pink is our favourite kind of pink
It is no secret we love pink in any shade, but when it comes to handbags we really love dusty pink. Dusty pink is muted and tinged with an earthy tone which makes it a perfect match for any nude shade.
If you’ve been out sync with fashion trends for the past few years, first, welcome back, and second, all shades of nude are even more fashionable than ever before. Dusty pink is also a great match for earth-toned outfits and can give a touch of glamour to the trendy, but sometimes drab, monotone trend.
- You & I Rose silicone scarf detail crossbody bag R549, Zando
- Asher Tote bag dusty pink R299, Superbalist
- Blackcherry bag structured handbag dusty pink R369, Zando
The belt bag
One of the most acceptable takeaways from the ugly-fashion trend is the belt bag reform. We love the convenience that comes with the belt bag, and we also approve of how fashionable the bags have become.
If you don’t have much to carry and would rather have your hands and shoulders free from the weight of an overstuffed handbag, you’re going to need a belt bag this summer.
- Utopia tan waist-bag R199, Zando
- Blackcherry black studded belt bag R299, Zando
- Unseen Glitterati bum bag gold R279, Zando
Bags gone wild
Animal print and animal skin is just one of those wild trends that refuses to completely leave. They’re also a tricky trend that can easily move into tacky territory if you haven’t done it just right.
A wild bag is the best way to rock this trend. Take a calculated risk by getting an animal skin or print bag in a classic shape and style.
- Norahh – brown & black R449, Superbalist
- Queenspark animal print and scarf bag- multicoloured R599, Zando
- Seductionfaux croc bag-black R249, Zando
An absolute jewel (tone)
If you’re going to do colour, jewel tones are the way to go for bags. Jewel tones not only match with each other but also go well with most deep colours.
Jewel tones also go famously well with black and white and can even class-up a monochrome outfit.
- You &I silicone shell top handle crossbody bag-blue R499, Zando
- Utopia two-tone handbag green/tan R249, Zando
- Triangular shape bag – yellow R449, Superbalist
Get colour blocked
We aren’t over the colour blocking trend and to be honest it just isn’t one of those trends one simply gets over.
We may not be colour blocking entire outfits in brightly coloured anymore, but we’ll hold on to our multi-toned bags which obviously go with absolutely everything.
Colour-blocked bags make great everyday bags, so be sure to get yours in a size that accommodates your everyday wares.