Spring has sprung and we’re taking our fashion tips from Mother Nature herself. Whatever your tastes, there’s a floral pattern out there for you.
Whether you’re bold or delicate, feisty or whimsical, there is a floral print that’s perfect for you. We’ve picked a bunch of our favourite blooming prints and can’t wait to join the spring blossoms in full bloom.
Big and bold
If you aren’t into florals, you might feel differently about larger prints with fewer flowers. Large floral motifs are a bold statement and1 a long-standing trend with good reason.
People who find patterns unflattering can also find a floral refuge in larger prints – they are the one size fits all of floral prints.
- Utopia floral maxi dress R379, Zando
- Queenspark plus collection layered chiffon dress R849, Zando
- Batwing floral t-shirt navy R299, Superbalist
Pretty in paisley
It’s either you love it or you hate it. Paisley is one of those unapologetic patterns that flow in and out of fashion, but never out of style.
Paisley may not be on-trend at the moment, but it is still a beautiful print. Buying paisley now is a statement of personal taste.
- London hub fashion multi paisley print wide-leg trouser R749, Zando
Plus sized paisley dress with necktie R209, Superbalist
Pattern wrap bodysuit R119, MRP
Classic florals are the ultimate feminine pattern and practically giggle with whimsical charm.
With modern patterns, designs and creative material, even classic florals can be modern and add a soft touch to edgy outfits.
- Queenspark sleeveless popover knit dress R399, Zando
- Floral turtle neck top R79.99, MRP
- Floral zip around purse R60, MRP
Teeny tiny flowers
Teeny tiny flowers scattered across an outfit give it an instant bohemian or vintage appeal. This floral pattern works well as a multi-coloured design and can add a dash of colour and personality to your outfit.
- Revenge printed lace dress R499, Zando
- Floral maxi skirt R179, MRP
- Peasant skirt R150, MRP
- Off the shoulder overlay dress R265, Superbalist
Wearing the whole garden
When you think floral, flowers are the obvious thing that comes to mind. A great way to wear florals is to choose patterns that not only feature flowers but also leaves and all the other things that go with flowers – just as nature intended.