Now is the time to book for your family getaway to one of South Africa’s most spectacular national parks!
South African National Parks (SANParks) is offering the public discounts of up to 40% on accommodation and camping in several National Parks for stays during South African National Parks Week 2019, specifically from Sunday 8 to Thursday 12 September. The discounts are available to new reservations made online via www.sanparks.org/bookings.
“SANParks wants to encourage South Africans to explore their national parks and get to know the natural and cultural heritage of the country. By using this opportunity during SA National Parks Week the public will also be able to join in certain activities available as part of the free access week,” said SANParks Managing Executive: Tourism Development and Marketing, Hapiloe Sello.
Use this opportunity to get some well-deserved rest and relaxation but please note that the discount does not include paid activities, conservation fees, WILD Card purchases or meals, and that a 1% community fee charge will be added to the discounted reservation cost. The discounts are not available to the travel trade.
SA National Parks Week 2019 – FREE access to national parks
Between 8 and 15 September 2019, SANParks is also offering free access to almost all of its 21 national parks for DAY visitors – especially people from the local communities.
“This year SANParks is pleased to announce that it has extended SA National Parks Week to include weekends, heeding the request from South Africans who don’t have time to visit national parks during the week.”
(Parks that are EXCLUDED: Free entry excludes Namaqua National Park and Boulders Penguin Colony and the Table Mountain Cableway in Table Mountain National Park.)
View this post on Instagram
Bliss is a family self-drive followed by an effortless afternoon picnic in our parks. After all, nature is the perfect setting to make treasured family moments together. 15 September 2019 is #FamilySunday. Explore with us places and activities you can enjoy as a family. #SANationalParksWeek
The discounts are available at the following parks and camps:
- 20% off accommodation:
- Matyholweni – Addo Elephant National Park
- Karoo – Karoo National Park
- Mosu Lodge – Mokala National Park
- 40% off accommodation:
- Agulhas Main Camp – Agulhas National Park
- Basotho Cultural Village – Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Limpopo Forest – Mapungubwe National Park
- Platteklip, Slangkop, Smitswinkel – Table Mountain National Park
- 40% off accommodation and camping:
- Augrabies – Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok – Bontebok National Park
- Ebb-and-Flow – Wilderness Section of Garden Route National Park
- Nature’s Valley – Tsitsikamma Section of Garden Route National Park
- Glen Reenen – Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Bontle – Marakele National Park
- 40% off camping:
- Karoo – Karoo National Park
- Mazhou – Mapungubwe National Park
Visit the SANParks website www.sanparks.org/bookings/ for the terms-and-conditions that apply to bookings made via the SANParks online booking system.
For more information on the free activities happening in the parks during SA National Parks Week visit www.sanparks.org/about/events/parks_week/.
Clarens, Free State Province