“Reality Check” is an article series which looks at common mistakes people make when they begin dieting for weight loss. We’ll check out some ‘thought adjustments’ that will help you make better choices on your journey. The articles include tips, new ideas to try, strategies to follow, and encouragement to keep you moving forward.
Stop searching for the ‘quick fix’
“You will lose weight without ever feeling hungry if you just do these twelve crazy things every day. And you can eat whatever you want the rest of the time. It really works.”
Does it though?
How many of these ‘quick fix’ magic potions have you tried? How many crash diets have you been on? And how much success have you really had?
Because if you want to lose weight, the truth is that it’s about eating the right quality of the right foods in decreasing quantities over time. You’ll lose even faster if you add in some strength training and high-intensity cardio exercise.
Full stop. Nothing more to consider. So it’s really, really easy , right?
Not so fast… The reason all of these crazy diet tips and ‘quick fixes’ exist is because living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining it is actually quite tough.
Sometimes it’s boring. Sometimes it’s really challenging. What we do know is that it takes a LOT of effort to do over the long term. Taking pills and drinking potions is far easier, especially if you still get to eat donuts. The only problem is, ‘quick fixes’ don’t work.
Long story short?
If you want to lose weight, you know what to do. You know (at least roughly) how to do it. What you really need to do now, is stop searching for a ‘quick fix’ diet secret and actually begin the journey.
Then just keep going.
Read more ‘reality check’s below:
- Weight loss reality check: The BIGGEST thing you need to stop if you’re a comfort-eater
- Weight loss reality check: Secret eaters
- Weight loss reality check: Are you REALLY sticking to your diet, or are you just pretending?
- Weight loss reality check: Not everyone is built like a typical Instagram swimsuit model
- Weight loss reality check: Six packs aren’t made in ‘a few short weeks’
- Weight loss reality check: Not all gym supplements are created equal
- Weight loss reality check: Get help from helpful people
- Weight loss reality check: Figuring out the diet for YOU
- Weight loss reality check: Does it have to be so complicated?
- Weight loss reality check: How much does being thin REALLY matter?
- Weight loss reality check: What can you REALLY expect from a diet?
- Weight loss reality check: A six-pack in twelve weeks?
- Weight loss reality check: Check the lifespan of the programme
- Weight loss reality check: Electronic wobble-machines?
- Weight loss reality check: ‘Before’ and ‘After’ pics are NOT real evidence
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: Exercise is NOT magic
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: You NEED all of the macronutrients
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: “REALLY?!”
- Your weekly weight loss reality check: Quantity matters
While All4Women endeavours to ensure health articles are based on scientific research, health articles should not be considered as a replacement for professional medical advice. Should you have concerns related to this content, it is advised that you discuss them with your personal healthcare provider.