A girl’s first experience as a young adult woman is her Matric farewell and every girl deserves to feel beautiful and empowered on this memorable day in her life.
Sadly, not all girls have the financial means to do so.
This Women’s Month, Poetry is celebrating you and the future females of our country. For the month of August, Poetry is proudly partnering with The Princess Project, a registered NPO that assists less fortunate matric girls with dresses, shoes and accessories to wear to their matric dance.
How is Poetry getting involved?
From 1-31 August, Poetry is giving customers the opportunity to drop off previously loved formal wear clothing items at selected stores across the country. All items will be donated to The Princess Project closet.
As a thank you, each customer who makes a clothing donation, will receive a 20% off* their next purchase. *Ts&Cs apply.
Clothing donations can be made at the following Poetry stores:
Western Cape: Tygervalley Centre & Cavendish Square
Garden Route: Knysna Mall
Port Elizabeth: Walmer Park Shopping Centre
Gauteng: Menlyn Park Shopping Centre & Eastgate Mall
Poetry is also giving customers the opportunity to donate R10 upon checkout when shopping in any store – and Poetry will match every donation made.
How can you get involved?
To create awareness, we are calling on strong, powerful and influential women to support this initiative. If you would like to get involved, all you have to do is:
1. Share a photo from your matric farewell on your social media channels as a post or story.
2. Share the story behind the photo and what this event meant to you.
3. Encourage your followers to get involved by doing the same.
4. Encourage your followers to donate to The Princess Project.
5. Encourage your followers to visit Poetry’s website and social media platforms to find out how they can get involved.
6. Use the below hashtags when posting:
Clarens, Free State Province