The timeless style of Jackie O
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, or ‘Jackie O’ as the media dubbed her, always looked sophisticated and effortlessly chic no matter what she wore. The former first lady had a penchant for stunning coats, Chanel suits, oversized sunglasses, silk scarves and bows, and the fact that her classic, feminine style is copied to this day is testament to the fact that her fashion choices were timeless.
Jackie’s easy-to-copy style – dress like an icon
- When in doubt, go with a monochromatic (one colour) look, OR try black and white – that always looks great!
- Invest in one or more statement coats and make sure they fit you well
- Oversized sunglasses hide a multitude of sins and add a bit of glamour to any outfit
- Keep your accessories simple
- Buy a few A-line dresses… they’re the holy grail for every body shape
Let’s look back at Jackie O’s timeless style and see why she remains the ultimate style icon
The queen of coats